Our approach is to embed creative, intensive and inclusive recruitment processes that encourage a diverse range of applicants, providing optimum conditions to ensure high calibre and exciting candidates.
This includes creating an invitation to apply that is inclusive and welcoming; amplifying the opportunity and encouraging a range of artists to see leadership as a possibility; and creating a process that is rigorous, generous and hopefully developmental for those applying.
We tailor our approach and the role we would take depends on your needs and the vacancy on offer. We can offer the following:
- Advise on a realistic timeline for recruitment
- Speak to relevant stakeholders such as ACE, Trustees and staff to inform the process
- Review the recruitment pack and communications to encourage strong applications, with a focus on appealing to candidates from a range of disciplines and backgrounds who have a collaborative vision and commitment to leading with others
- Discuss with you potential candidates’ and research and identify appropriate candidates
- Have informal conversations with candidates’ considering making an application, act as the first point of contact regarding the vacancy and provide impartial guidance
- Provide administration support throughout the process, including all communication with candidates
- Review and comment on applications, and contribute to the development of the shortlist as required
- Advice on the interview process including the makeup of the recruitment panel, approaches to shortlisting, levels of briefing to candidates for each interview and areas of questioning
- Participate in all stages of interviews as an observer and provide advice and ensure best practice and innovation through the process
- Provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates as appropriate